Standard Research Project
Get on free research hour as a bonus when you order this 20-hour research package. Choose this option for these types of research:
- Documenting each of your family lines back to the Emancipation.
- Searching for proof of who owned your ancestors during slavery.
- Solving a family relationship mystery.
- Taking and analyzing a DNA test to prove a relationship to an unknown person or a slave owner.
What you will receive:
- Each completed project is compiled into a printed booklet that includes a Research Report and Document Calendar (a listing of documents that accompany the report), and mini-trees added to each generation discussed in your report.
- Photocopies or extracts of the records found to document your family tree.
- Printed pedigree charts.
- A PDF version of the report is available upon request.
- An invitation to download digitized images of your documents upon request.
- One DNA test kit.
Project fees include:
- The time required to review previous research, interact with you by email, telephone or mail, and interview others who share your ancestry or can contribute little-known details about your ancestors.
- Research, locating and acquiring documents, analysis, creating your family tree, report writing, and preparing your project for shipping.
- Copying, postage, shipping, handling, and extra copies of each report.
- When it looks like research costs may exceed 10% of a retainer, you will be asked to provide written approval, preferably by email.
- We endeavor to accomplish research goals in the time that you purchase, but sometimes a wish list exceeds what can be accomplished in a fixed amount of time. If that happens, a consultant will ask if you want to end research or purchase additional hours.
- Retainers are non-refundable.
- One DNA Test kit.
Depending on workload and unless otherwise negotiated, it may take 2-3 months from the time of purchase to complete a mini-project. We recommend, but do not require, that clients take a minimum of one and preferably two DNA tests. These tests play a big role in getting past road blocks caused by record loss and undefined relationships. A research consultant will guide you in choosing a DNA testing service. If you agree to test, research will not begin until the results have been delivered.
Call 801-571-6122 to discuss rush research pricing.