Extended Research Project
This extended research project focuses on tracing the ancestry of your four grandparents and compiling our findings in four research reports. Genealogists dig through as many records as possible to find lesser-known facts and create a chronology of the lives of your ancestors.
What you will receive:
- Each completed project is compiled into a printed booklet that includes a Research Report and Document Calendar (a listing of documents that accompany the report), and mini-trees added to each generation discussed in your report.
- Photocopies or extracts of the records found to document your family tree.
- Printed pedigree charts.
- A PDF version of the report is available upon request.
- An invitation to download digitized images of your documents upon request.
- Two DNA test kits.
Project fees include:
- The time required to review previous research, interact with you by email, telephone or mail, and interview others who share your ancestry or can contribute little-known details about your ancestors.
- Research, locating and acquiring documents, analysis, creating your family tree, report writing, and preparing your project for shipping.
- Copying, postage, shipping, handling, and extra copies of each report.
- When it looks like research costs may exceed 10% of a retainer, you will be asked to provide written approval, preferably by email.
- We endeavor to accomplish research goals in the time that you purchase, but sometimes a wish list exceeds what can be accomplished in a fixed amount of time. If that happens, a consultant will ask if you want to end research or purchase additional hours.
- Retainers are non-refundable.
Depending on workload and unless otherwise negotiated, it may take 3-4 months from the time of purchase to complete a mini-project. We recommend, but do not require, that clients take a minimum of one and preferably two DNA tests. These tests play a big role in getting past roadblocks caused by record loss and undefined relationship. A research consultant will guide you in choosing a DNA testing service.
Call 801-571-6122 to discuss rush research pricing.