Standard Research Project
This research project is ideal for accomplishing a variety of research goals, such as:
- Search a variety of records to discover the birthplace or residence of an immigrant ancestor and find them in foreign records.
- Have us focus on a branch of a family that others have tried and failed to extend to the next generation, we call it breaking through a research brick wall.
- Identify ancestors who served in the American Revolution or Civil War.
- Look for an ancestor or relative who left the family and was never heard of again.
- Put one of your family’s legends through the “There’s No Truth Without Proof” test to separate fact from fiction.
- And of course countless other research goals.
What you will receive:
- Each completed project is compiled into a printed booklet that includes a Research Report and Document Calendar (a listing of documents that accompany the report), and mini-trees added to each generation discussed in your report.
- Photocopies or extracts of the records found to document your family tree.
- Printed pedigree charts.
- A PDF version of the report is available upon request.
Project fees include:
- The time required to review previous research, interact with you by email, telephone, or mail, and interview others who share your ancestry or can contribute little-known details about your ancestors.
- Research, locating and acquiring documents, analysis, creating your family tree, report writing, and preparing your project for shipping.
- Copying, postage, shipping, and handling.
- When it looks like research costs may exceed 10% of a retainer, you will be asked to provide written approval, preferably by email.
- We endeavor to accomplish research goals in the time that you purchase, but sometimes a wish list exceeds what can be accomplished in a fixed amount of time. If that happens, a consultant will ask if you want to end research or purchase additional hours.
- Retainers are non-refundable.
Most projects will be completed within three months from the time of purchase. We recommend, but do not require, that clients take a minimum of one and preferably two DNA tests. These tests play a big role in getting past roadblocks caused by record loss and undefined relationship. A research consultant will guide you in choosing a DNA testing service.
Call 801-571-6122 to discuss rush research pricing.