Standard Research Project
You and a Research Consultant work together to design a project to meet as many research goals as possible in the time purchased for this project.
Project fees include:
- The time required to review previous research, interact with you by email, telephone or mail, and interview others who share your ancestry or can contribute little-known details about your ancestors.
- Research, locating and acquiring documents, analysis, creating your family tree, report writing, and preparing your project for shipping.
- Copying, postage, shipping, and handling.
- When it looks like research costs may exceed 10% of a retainer, you will be asked to provide written approval, preferably by email.
- We endeavor to accomplish research goals in the time that you purchase, but sometimes a wish list exceeds what can be accomplished in a fixed amount of time. If that happens, a consultant will ask if you want to end research or purchase additional hours.
- Retainers are non-refundable.
Most projects will be completed within three months from the time of purchase. We recommend, but do not require, that clients take a minimum of one and preferably two DNA tests. These tests play a big role in getting past roadblocks caused by record loss and undefined relationship. A research consultant will guide you in choosing a DNA testing service.
Call 801-571-6122 to discuss rush research pricing.