Basic Research Project
This research package is designed to introduce new customers to our in-depth research services. Our staff will search multiple record sources to accomplish your research goals. Since only ten research hours are devoted to this project, we will focus on documenting several of your ancestral families back to the Emancipation. Also choose this Basic Research Project to:
What you will receive:
- Each completed project is compiled into a printed booklet that includes a Research Report and Document Calendar (a listing of documents that accompany the report), and mini-trees added to each generation discussed in your report.
- Photocopies or extracts of the records found to document your family tree.
- Printed pedigree charts.
- A PDF version of the report is available upon request.
- An invitation to download digitized images of your documents.
Project fees include:
- The time required to review previous research, interact with you, other family members, and persons who share your ancestry by email, telephone or mail.
- Research, locating and acquiring documents, analysis, creating your family tree, report writing, and preparing your project for shipping.
- Copying, postage, shipping, handling, and extra copies of each report.
- When it looks like research costs might exceed 10% of a retainer, you will be asked to provide written approval, preferably by email.
- We endeavor to accomplish your research goals in the time that you purchase, but sometimes a wish list exceeds what can be accomplished in a fixed amount of time. If that happens, a consultant will ask if you want to wrap-up the project or purchase additional hours.
- Retainers are non-refundable.
Depending on workload and unless otherwise negotiated, it may take 3-4 months from the time of purchase to complete your project. We recommend, but do not require, that clients take a minimum of one and preferably two DNA tests. These tests play a big role in getting past road blocks caused by record loss and undefined relationships. A research consultant will guide you in choosing a DNA testing service. If you agree to test, research will not begin until the results have been delivered.
Call 801-571-6122 to discuss rush research pricing.